market place showing the town hall which was built following
the demolition of the old Moothall, originally the home
of Gainsborough prison, in 1892. The town hall itself was
originally confined to the right-hand side of the new building,
the remainder being shops and a butter market.
sustained war damage in 1942 and was rebuilt to the design
that remains to the present day.